Able to see clients before work and after work additionally Saturday afternoon by appointments only
- Consumer and Business Bankruptcy
- Probate Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation
- General Litigation
28 years of experience in handling tax and student loan issues in bankruptcy.
When Barbara is not practicing law, she is competing in running and triathlon races including the marathon and the Ironman.
Barbara M. Zoccola
Barbara is Of Counsel at the Mason Zoccola Law Firm, where she concentrates her practice in the areas of business and consumer bankruptcy representing debtors. She also practices in the areas of collections, probate and general litigation.
Barbara has been married to her husband Will for over 30 years and has two wonderful children - Maria, who works for a non-profit agency in Savannah, GA, and Tommy, a law student at University of Tennessee.
Barbara graduated with honors from the University of Missouri earning a Bachelor of Journalism and a Bachelor of Arts in political science.
She earned her Juris Doctor from Washington and Lee University School of Law where she served on the Law Review. She has been practicing law for over 30 years.
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, Lexington, Virginia
- Juris Doctor – 1986
- Washington and Lee University Law Review
- Writer and Business Manager
- University of Missouri
- Bachelor of Journalism 1983, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science 1983
- Tennessee, 1988
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1987
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee, 1990
- Tennessee Board of Law Examiners, President 2018-2019
- Tennessee Lawyers Association for Women, President 2008
- Memphis Bar Association, President 2006
- Memphis Bar Foundation, President 2006-2008
- Association for Women Attorneys, President 2000
- Tennessee Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, President 1996
- Public Service Award from Memphis Bar Association 1998
- Sam A. Myar, Jr. Memorial Award for Outstanding Young Lawyer from the Memphis Bar Association 2000
- Frances Loring-Marion Griffin award for achievement in legal profession by the Association for Women Attorneys 2006
- Leadership Memphis - Class of 2000
- Girls, Inc. - President of Board of Directors 1999
- Top 40 Under 40 - Named by Memphis Business Journal 1996
- Medshares Management Inc. - Home healthcare companies filed 250 Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases; Barbara represented the major creditors
- U.S. v. Robinson, 764 F.3d 554 (6th Cir. 2014) - Barbara set precedent regarding collecting of restitution